Ok lets get started

Brian Metcalf has offered to organise group sessions on how to get the best out of monochrome images. He will devise a programme and post it in this SIG froum. He can be contacted using monochrome@beaconcameraclub.co,uk

Ok lets get started

Postby BrianMet » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Not wishing to sound like a complete arse I know we all have different cameras, different approaches and styles, different software and editing techniques and some of us are just starting to explore mono whilst if you're like me it's what you grew up. But what I want to do is go back to basics, I don't think we do enough of it in the club and it wouldn't hurt to go back and just look at what light actually does (without it we're stuffed) and go through a series of exercises over the coming weeks.
I'm starting off with a look at filters, if like me you have a draw full of them stuck together and not used for 20+years.

You can post your results here or any of the sections you feel applicable and Facebook which might be a good place to show off work but their algorithms can suppress a lot of image info and its open to the whole world, but if you need help from me let me know where the image is and I can offer feedback (hopefully constructive).

if you need my mobile or email let me know

As we roll on I plan to have a get together either zoom or at The GMH where we can discuss all things mono and don't forget that we can join the other groups for days out.
Also if any of you know great places to photograph let the group know, it needs to be easy access for all, have a coffee shop within a 100 yards, a toilet land we can access (no jobs worths)

if you have read this far you now need to go to the post FILTERS Exercise 1 Yellow and make. start
BrianMet

Return to Monochrome