Tony Mac

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

Tony Mac

Postby nigelc » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:33 am

With the passing of Tony Mac I`d like to pay my respects to him and his wife Tracy. The help and assistance he`s provided me over the years have been much appreciated. I`d like to share a few memories with you. I know he was very pleased when I came third in a competition which was my first placing in a competition. He was also very pleased when he presented me with the constancy award for colour prints in the general section. This meant something very special to him. I`d also like to thank his wife, Tracy for allowing me to share some of their time with me.

Rest in peace, Tony.
nigelc

Re: Tony Mac

Postby IanT » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:47 am

Well said, Nigel. Tony was a rare beast: humorous, thoughtful, caring and a bit naughty occasionally. I loved everything about him and I wish that I'd known him 30 years earlier - the fun that might have been had! He will not be fogotten - ever - and the memories he generated are a constant reminder of a very special person.
IanT
Internal CompSec

Postby gregm » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:59 pm

He certainly was a Top Man in so many ways. RIP buddy
gregm

Postby billf » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:45 pm

The word unique is over used but Tony truly was unique.

He treated prince and pauper the same and had a wicked sense of humour that could have a roomful of folk giggling and laughing in the twinkling of a mischievous eye. He was always generous with his time and knowledge.
Yesterday evenings speaker talked of the need for passion to make good photos. Tony had passion about everything he did and it showed in many wonderful and imaginative photographs.

I met Tony in our local pub where he used to take photos of the locals and produce a calendar with comical captions. We got talking photography and I suggested he would enjoy Beacon Camera Club. He was a bit wary and suggested he wasn’t sure he was "really a camera club kinda guy""……… !!

Those of us who knew him have been blessed and as Ian has said he will never be forgotten.

Ave atque vale.
billf

Postby Malcolmp » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:25 am

Well said one and all.
Au revoir Tony .x.
Malcolmp

Postby gregm » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:21 am

Can we do something as a Club in memory of him?
gregm

Postby SimonP » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:02 pm

Agree with all those sentiments. I found Tony such a kind and helpful guy when I was taking on the W&N group, then the Chairmanship despite the difficult circumstances; inspirational, creative, so passionate for photography and what he got from the Club. Hidden underneath all that though he clearly had the strength and fortitude of an ox. RIP Tony.
Simon
SimonP
Chairman

Postby IanT » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:39 am

gregm wrote:Can we do something as a Club in memory of him?

I believe we should inaugurate a competition in his memory - maybe "The TonyMac Challenge"? It might need to be centred on creativity, composites, etc., as that was Tony's favourite genre. Or street photography, another of his extraordinary skills (though we already have a street group with their own competition). I'm sure that we could get a trophy to award at year end.

Update: Tony's dad - Dennis - has donated a rather unique trophy to our cause...the committee is thinking of ways to define the competitions for which it should be used - see below....
IanT
Internal CompSec

Postby SimonP » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:42 pm

I will raise the question of competition cup, rose bowl etc at the next Committee Meeting.

Simon
SimonP
Chairman

Postby IanT » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:53 pm

Tony's father has taken care of things in that he has very genorously donated a quite unique steel and gilt trophy to the club, to be used for a competition which has yet to be decided....pic is below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IanT
Internal CompSec

Postby gregm » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:08 pm

Like it!
gregm

Return to Coffee shop