Upload to Take a Look at This

Ask your questions about forum operation or facilities.

Upload to Take a Look at This

Postby rosemaryr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:45 pm

I still have not managed to upload an image to the forum even after you told me how,
Ian & Peter.
Do you think you could give me written instructions please.
It could be useful to others, or am I the only stupid person on a PC.
rosemaryr

Re: Upload to Take a Look at This

Postby IanT » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi Rosemary - I have updated the upload instructions to account for your need - look at the top topic in the gallery operations section. Let me know if you need more.
IanT
Committee Member

Postby rosemaryr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Thankyou Ian, It still took me a while, when I was resizing it in PShop it seemed to be cropping it a bit.
eventualy resized it in explore.
rosemaryr

Postby LisaW » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi am I being stupid? But can't figure out how to size image as requirements of site?

Please help!

Lisa
LisaW

Postby IanT » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Lisa,

Images need to be sized within about 800 to 1000 wide/high so as to fit on bowser screens without having to scroll around them. Sizing your image requires you to use some kind of editing or sizing package - any editor will offer the opportunity to resize. If you use JPEGs, make sure that you don't save the down-sized image named as the full sized version, or you'll never recover from it!

There is a simple resizing tool (in this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2758 ) which works nicely for this and competition upload purposes. Download and run it, see how you get on and let us know your findings in this thread. If you still have trouble, give me a buzz on the number shown in the programme and I'll talk you through it.
IanT
Committee Member

Postby BillCr » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:13 pm

I cant see any other thread to post this to. I've just uploaded some images to BandI Group which I had resized in Elements. The first was OK and uploaded. The others were too large ie over 256KiB. I resized them with Ian's resizer program and all was well. However I note that Ian's resizer does not show the Xif information. What am I not doing/doing wrong?
BillCr
Committee Member

Postby IanT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:29 pm

The resizer is very simple, Bill, and takes no account of the EXIF data, nor does it replicate that data in the output file. I suggest that you just add the exposure detail as a caption to the image file when you add the image to the post.
IanT
Committee Member

Postby BillCr » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Thanks, Ian.
BillCr
Committee Member

Return to How do I....?