Larger image size proposed for the new projector

Comments on the way the club is run? Suggestions about events or topics that you'd like covered? Keep it clean, though!

Larger image size proposed for the new projector

Postby MarilynNS » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:03 pm

I was wondering if it would be worth a tutorial on creating larger images for the new projector. A lot of my wildlife images of flowers and butterflies have had to be extensively cropped due to the difficulties of getting in close to photograph them before they fly away! Having looked at the size of the images particularly when using a square crop there is no way i can get anywhere near the new image size for the new projector. I think they will appear as a small square on the screen. This is not a problem using zooms screenshare facility but I would be very hesitant to submit any images on the big screen.
MarilynNS

Re: Larger image size proposed for the new projector

Postby TonyMac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:15 am

MarilynNS wrote:I was wondering if it would be worth a tutorial on creating larger images for the new projector. A lot of my wildlife images of flowers and butterflies have had to be extensively cropped due to the difficulties of getting in close to photograph them before they fly away! Having looked at the size of the images particularly when using a square crop there is no way i can get anywhere near the new image size for the new projector. I think they will appear as a small square on the screen. This is not a problem using zooms screenshare facility but I would be very hesitant to submit any images on the big screen.

Hi Marilyn Lightroom now has a function like Topaz gigapixel where you can double the size of an image.
Right click on the image in the develop module and click on enhance and you will see the option there.
If you don't have Lightroom I have gigapixel and can do it for you.
cheers Tony
TonyMac
Chairman

Re: Larger image size proposed for the new projector

Postby MarilynNS » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi Tony,
Thanks for that, I assume the image will not appear pixelated on the big screen?
Marilyn

No both lightroom and topaz do excellent jobs
MarilynNS

Return to Suggestion box