Carding Mill Valley / The Long Mynd - 20th Sept 19

Peter Richardson (PeterR) will head this group which intends to expand the skill of those interested in landscape photography. Group meetings will include discussion and occasional field trips.

Carding Mill Valley / The Long Mynd - 20th Sept 19

Postby peterr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 am

The Landscape SIG outing to the Carding Mill Valley and The Long Mynd will take place on Friday 20th September. For those feeling fit and energetic, we will walk to the Lightspout waterfall and then walk a horseshow route on the Long Mynd to return back to the car park in Carding Mill Valley (I reckon between 3 and 4 miles). However, there are less strenuous options involving pottering in the lower slopes of the valley around the visitor centre or taking a car on the minor road on the lower slopes of the hills. We will meet at the Chalet Pavilion Tea Room at 10:15 a.m. (Post code SY6 6JG or OS Grid Ref SO445945).

We will organise car sharing where possible. Please therefore indicate if you need a lift or if you have space in a car to give someone a lift. Julie and I will have space for two people.

Please indicate interest on this thread so that I have an idea of numbers and who to look out for at the meeting place.

Note that we will postpone this or cancel if the weather forecast is for heavy rain all day or in the event of a storm similar to that we experienced at Nash Point last year, so keep an eye out on the forecast and for updates.
peterr

Re: Carding Mill Valley / The Long Mynd - 20th Sept 19

Postby MarkH » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi Peter,
I am interested in this trip and would like to car pool.
Mark
MarkH

Postby peterr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 pm

A couple more people expressed an interest in this trip at the club last night and the weather outlook for next week is looking very good, so it looks like we will be going ahead. I would be grateful if those who want to come along would please confirm on this thread. Please also indicate if you need a lift or are willing to give someone a lift. We will try to finalise car share arrangements at or before the club meeting next Thursday night (19th Sept).
peterr

Postby JacquesB » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:56 am

Hi Peter. I double checked my agenda and I am really busy the whole day. I would have liked to come, but I am afraid that will have to be for another day.
JacquesB

Postby peterr » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Thanks for letting me know Jacques. For those planning on coming along, I suggest bringing a packed lunch. Forecast still looking very good.
peterr

Postby JohnM » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 am

Hi Peter, I'm still planning to join you,

John
JohnM

Postby BillCr » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi Peter,

I shan't be coming with you. Another day perhaps!

Bill
BillCr
Committee Member

Postby peterr » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:58 pm

It looks like we will also need to take some suntan lotion.
peterr

Return to Landscape