Lightroom Issues?

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

Lightroom Issues?

Postby paulr » Sun May 26, 2019 7:45 pm

Any Adobe Lightroom users experiencing issues with the new version of Lightroom 8.3.1 crashing? Mine wouldn't even open?

It did work as I had a play with this new texture slider, now I've got over 1000 photo's to edit it won't open"!!! errgg!!!

Googling the problem it said about installing the older version which I did, I've gone back to version 8.2.3 now I can't seem to find the newer version it now says No New Updates?

Anyone?
paulr

Re: Lightroom Issues?

Postby paulr » Tue May 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Now sorted, here's my reply to Adobe - Just in case anyone else has had this problem?

"Hi Adobe

I tried this morning with one of your customer service on-line helpers who wanted to remote my PC, I don’t allow this as fear of security issues, they did try to send me through some instructions but these were too hard to follow as I couldn’t stop some of the services running? They kept re-starting!

So this afternoon I thought I’d have another go myself, on opening up the Adobe Creative Cloud APP I noticed it had reported that I had both Light room 8.3 & Light room 8.2.1 installed? Which I hadn’t got well not according to my operating system control panel, it only showed Light room 8.2.1 was installed on the system ?

So using the Adobe Creative Cloud APP I asked it to remove the Light room 8.3 version which it seemed to do quite quickly then it immediately showed me there was now an update for the version 8.2.1 which was installed on the system, so I ran the update and amazingly it now updated Light room to the later version and opens up perfectly 100% working and I’ve got my texture slider back!

I remember reading about what caused my crashing of Light room 8.3 in the first place and it was something to do with setting the language setting to English as the box had no setting in it what so ever? it was just shown as a blank box again? I have now set this setting to English now so hopefully after I restart my PC in the morning it won’t cause these crashing problems of Light room again!

Thank you for your time on this problem you can now close this case ADB-******-*******

Thank you

Paul."
paulr

Re: Lightroom Issues?

Postby PeterJ » Wed May 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted and thankyou for sharing the experience / tips etc...I fear others will find themselves in the same boat but hope I'm wrong. I think my updates are done automatically, fingers crossed it will still work.

Cheers
Peter
PeterJ

Return to Coffee shop