Judges picking winners and Commended's

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

Judges picking winners and Commended's

Postby SteveM » Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 am

Is it only me that was led to believe that judges were now meant to Critique only? And as the Chairmans quote ....
"We have done away with judges " ? Which he keeps reiterating. It turns out that actually we haven't as they are still picking ,
1st 2nd 3rd and commended's. But just not telling us their scores. Confused.
SteveM

Re: Judges picking winners and Commended's

Postby ronj » Mon May 20, 2019 3:51 pm

No Steve, iv'e been banging on about it for about a week now as you know, but its a bit like talking to a bag of crisps . :lol: :lol: :lol:
ronj

Postby peterr » Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 pm

It is spookily similar to the system that we had about four years ago. The only difference is that it is now a selected panel that does the scoring for the consistency award, rather than the wider group of members using scoresheets.
peterr

Postby Malcolmp » Tue May 21, 2019 7:00 am

May I suggest that competition results be solely taken from the in house panels scores for all purposes be that consistency awards or individual competition results.
1st, 2nd, 3rd are obvious and if we wish to have commended /highly commended then we draw those awards from the panels scores too!
If the judge /critique is not responsible for scoring the the comp then this seems obvious!
It may require a little more sorting out on the night for commended awards but that's the knock on of this method.
Also it's what I thought we had agreed upon.
No biggie and I would have thought easy enough to agree upon and put in place.
Afterall do we want the on the night critiques scoring/ranking or not? I thought not so as to free them up to do a better job of critiquing!
Malc
Malcolmp

Return to Coffee shop