Any Canon Users want to try out EOS R

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

Any Canon Users want to try out EOS R

Postby paulr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:25 pm

There a free half day event in Birmingham tomorrow, be quick as booking closes in one hour you have till 2:30 pm today to register...

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/full-fra ... 9705614832

Paul
paulr

Re: Any Canon Users want to try out EOS R

Postby LinM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm

I read this morning how much the body was - yikes!
LinM

Postby paulr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Had a good play with the EOS R camera from Canon in Birmingham yesterday at Canon's Full Frame Road show, and I took away some images which I took using the EOS R Camera which I'll post up once I get the software from Adobe to enable me to read the RAW files.
TBH it's not much lighter or smaller than a 5D MKIV Body so that's what I decided to buy in the end, but wanted to see what this Mirror less camera by canon offered before I decided, and as Lin said above pretty dam expensive too @ £3,500.
One of the main reasons that put me off was with the battery life having an electronic view finder that uses up the battery quicker than an optical one, also you couldn't attach your EF lens without first putting on an adaptor ring so to me that takes away the advantage of it being smaller lol and that ideally you need to go and purchase there special RF mount lens at more expense!
Well I'm happier I had a go with it so now my new 5D MK IV is on order, an early Christmas present to me, so I shall be shortly selling a good second-hand 5D MK III (Body Only) with very low shutter count very soon, watch this space.
Paul
paulr

Postby kimw » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks Paul,
Looking forward to seeing you post an image---its been awhile :)
kimw
Programme Secretary

Return to Coffee shop