Lightroom Classic CC 7.3

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3

Postby rogerb » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Those who use Lightroom may have upgraded to the latest version already, but anyone who has not may be interested to know that, though it has some very good new features, some people are reporting that it has slowed down to the point of being hard to use. Version 7.2 was quicker, but 7.3 slower. I found that and am trying to roll back to 7.2. One message, seemingly from someone at Adobe, suggested there was a bug. I have no idea what machines it affects, but people might want to investigate before upgrading.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, that the new version of LR does some things much more slowly?

Roger
rogerb

Re: Lightroom Classic CC 7.3

Postby Trevorb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:45 am

Yes. 7.3 is woefully slow. There is much grumbling on the web about this. If memebrs have not yet moved to 7.3, perhaps best to wait.
I think I may need professional help ..... A chef, a butler and a maid should do it !
Trevorb

Postby colinw » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 pm

An odd thing [that Trevor and I have discussed in Another Place] is the the update to 7.3 on Mac was most welcome, as the prior version was a bit sluggish, particularly on start up.
colinw
Membership Secretary

Postby rogerb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Odd because my complaint was about how it slowed down on a Mac! I have since upgraded to 16GB of RAM, but rolled back to 7.2 anyway. I may see whether I can have both 7.2 and 7.3 on the machine, so I can go back and forth between them, to form a clearer view. But I had found that 7.2 seemed significantly faster than 7.1, as advertised, and then when I upgraded to 7.3 some operations (I cannot remember which) virtually stopped it, making it unusable. Maybe the amount of memory is critical and 12GB just was not enough.

Roger
rogerb

Postby Trevorb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm

It seems that part of my memory has failed...I'm showing only 8gb as opposed to the 16gb installed !!!
I think I may need professional help ..... A chef, a butler and a maid should do it !
Trevorb

Postby Trevorb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:51 am

Sorted out the memory situation, and LR 7.3 is back to normal performance levels !!! :)
Trevorb

Return to Coffee shop