QGP

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

QGP

Postby SueD » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 am

I just realised that I have failed to mention this here, and thought a few of you might be interested. Last year I joined The Guild of Photographers after seeing their posts shared by Cliff W, so I entered their Image of the Month competition and got a Classified, a Bronze and a Silver, which encouraged me to take things further (a Qualification Preparation course, attending a workshop at PhotoHubs and mentoring). To cut a long story short, at the end of November I achieved my Qualification, which involved submitting a panel of 21 images; either seven in three genres/commissions or three in seven. I elected to use three genre - re-enactment (monochrome natural light portraits), wildlife and motorsport, and was thrilled to have the Chairman of Judges (Kevin Pengelly) and other Guild luminaries enthusing greatly over them, and to have two published in the Guild magazine.

The panel:
Panel.JPG

Being self-taught I have always been rather lacking in confidence in my abilities, and this has given me vastly more confidence. I am even thinking about protects for Craftsman now, the next level up.

I really can’t recommend The Guild highly enough - such a supportive, friendly bunch, and great discounts on many things as well, and they have transformed my photography in just a few short months.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SueD on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SueD

Re: QGP

Postby LinM » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:57 pm

That's intriguing. Well done to you. The link wouldn't work when I clicked through though.
LinM

Postby LinM » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:59 pm

That's intriguing. Well done to you. The link wouldn't work when I clicked through though.
LinM

Postby SueD » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm

PhotoBucket playing up - sorry. It should hopefully be visible now.
SueD

Return to Coffee shop