Our Website

Visit the coffee shop for a general chat about anything....

Our Website

Postby BrianMet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 pm

With a pending change in the club status and the fact that our website hasn't changed in 5 years, would this be good opportunity to have bit of a spring clean, the images are old, and the yellow text on a black background is screaming warning and hazard to any graphic designer, I personally think a fresher style with less clutter more appropriate with the required info being found under relevant tabs and links.

Also the forum has a lot of historic posts, would it be wise to archive them in view of our new status as there maybe a conflict between old and new and just keep current topics running.

I know I'm guilty of this but could we encourage more members to add their info onto the site with some images, if we are having club cards being offered out, we need to be able to demonstrate what the club is all about
BrianMet

Re: Our Website

Postby kimw » Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi Brian,
I partly agree with you,Black background, yellow text etc however and it§s a big HOWEVER :)

It`s practical, does the job and costs zero (except the time of one or two members and the hosting.)

Can you give us the name of some one willing to redesign it ,who costs no more than an membership and we can look at doing what you suggest :)

Kind Regards

Kim
kimw
Programme Secretary

Postby BrianMet » Tue May 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi Kim

is not Ian our webmaster, it doesn't cost anything to upload a few new photos and alter some wording
BrianMet

Postby billf » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

I agree with Kim's comments, fundamentally an excellent website, easy to navigate and underused for what reasons I'm unsure.

Regards

Bill Fleming
billf

Return to Coffee shop