Photo opportunity on Armistice day

What's going on outside the environment of the Club

Photo opportunity on Armistice day

Postby IanT » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 am

One of our members works at Worcestershire County Council and has offered this...

WCC will be celebrating 100 years since the end of theGreat War at the top of the Worcestershire Beacon by lighting just that - a beacon.

I've got the go-ahead from the WCC organiser that any Beacon Camera Club members would be welcome to join us to take photos.

We can't pay for anything but any images used after the event will be fully credited to the photographer. They would form part of the official record of the event and offer a great challenge for taking the best shots in challenging conditions.

So the event is on Sunday November 11th at the Worcestershire Beacon. Official lighting is at 7pm but I will be there from 5.45. I'll need names of photographers ahead of Sunday so that they can be identified and given a good place to shoot from.

There isn't a huge amount of space at the top of the beacon, I think we can accommodate 3-4 people if more want to come then I have to have another think about how to position them.

Just so you know the VIPs include County Council Chairman, Lord Lieutenant, High Sheriff and Chairman of the Armed Forces Community Covenant.

More info about the Beacon lighting on our website http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/news/a ... ld_war_one

If any members would like to be involved, please let me know and I'll pass on your details. But you'll need to be quick, obviously!
IanT
Chairman

Return to The Outside World