Converting transparencies and prints to Jpeg

Post your question here for consideration by members who know the answer!

Converting transparencies and prints to Jpeg

Postby KirstyC » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Hi all,

I have acquired a large number of my father's and grandfather's transparencies (both were members of the Forest of Dean Camera Club) plus family prints.

I'd like to share these with remaining family members as jpegs.

What is the best way to achieve this? I'm prepared to invest in scanning equipment unless anyone has some kit I can borrow or a better suggestion.

Many thanks
Kirsty
KirstyC

Re: Converting transparencies and prints to Jpeg

Postby SteveAin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:02 am

Hi,

I have a negative/slide scanner you can borrow if you're interested? As for scanning prints I suggest a flatbed scanner or if you have one use the scanner on an all-in-one device. Both will offer the option of scanning as jpegs.

Steve A
SteveAin

Postby colinw » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Another option is to have a "copy stand", which basically enables you to point a camera down to photograph a print. I could obtain one for you at zero cost [donation to the club appreciated]. Let me know if you're interested. mail@colinwalls.com
colinw
Membership Secretary

Postby KirstyC » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am

SteveAin wrote:Hi,

I have a negative/slide scanner you can borrow if you're interested? As for scanning prints I suggest a flatbed scanner or if you have one use the scanner on an all-in-one device. Both will offer the option of scanning as jpegs.

Steve A

Hi Steve,

Yes please, when we are able to get back into the Vale and see people again. Which should be soon hopefully.
Kirsty
KirstyC

Return to Help me!