Lightroom presets

Post your question here for consideration by members who know the answer!

Lightroom presets

Postby vickyW » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:36 pm

I created three users presets which I can use when importing files. I created them years ago and I can chose them from develop settings under apply during import. Does any one know how I edit them? or create a new one?
In the develop module I don't see any use presets nor can I find reference to user presets in the menus.

Any help appreciated.
vickyW

Re: Lightroom presets

Postby SimonP » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi Vicky,
Although I haven't set any up I think you will find them under Lightroom Classic/Preferences/Presets (second tab along, after General).
Simon
SimonP
Chairman

Re: Lightroom presets

Postby MaddyP » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:17 pm

Hi Vicky,

I am new to Beacon Camera Club, but used to be the Mentoring Coordinator at my previous club. I am exploring the website and looked at forums and saw your question, so I thought I would answer!

First go into DEVELOP mode. On the left of the screen under the single thumbnail you should see PRESETS. If you click on the little white arrow on the left it will open up all your presets that you have. If you click again they collapse!

When you have created an effect that you like, click on the + button, near where it says PRESET. This allows you to create a new preset. A dialogue box comes up with everything you have done on the image that you would like to create a new preset. Give your preset a name (such as Arty Monochrome). Click on the GROUP and put it in your appropriate group (in this case; Vicky's Presets or Monochrome or whatever you choose). Click Create and it will be on the left hand side in the PRESETS for you to use again.

To create a NEW GROUP click not The + symbol again and the dialogue box opens. At the top of the box is CREATE A NEW GROUP and give your group a name. For example you may already have Vicky Landscape and want to create Vicky Monochrome.

To get rid of a preset, right click on the offending preset, and a dialogue box opens giving you many options including DELETE!

Hope that helps? Chat to me at the club if you want more help!

All the best,

Maddy
MaddyP

Return to Help me!