Opportunity to Combine Photography and Conservation

Opportunities for photography in the big wide world

Opportunity to Combine Photography and Conservation

Postby RuaridhM » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 pm

A friend has asked for a photographer to provide images of Ripple Church to support bids for grants for repairs. He says:

I am Chairman of The Friends Of St. Mary`s Church, Ripple which is the largest rural parish church in Worcestershire. Like many of these buildings it is in need of urgent repair and is on Historic England`s "At Risk" register. It has some unique features - it is the "home church " of the Sealed Knot Society whose founder Brigadier Peter Young was a local resident. The Church contains 16 misericords which makes it unique to the UK and there are several other exceptional features. We have appointed a fundraiser to approach grant making organisations for funds and we shall need some visual evidence to support the case. I wondered whether you may know a photographer who could assist us on a pro bono basis, while materials would be paid for by the Church's PCCC. I would be delighted to show you around St. Mary`s if you are interested.

Both interior and exterior photos are required, and the timescale is flexible. Within a few months would be fine.

Please let me know if you think you might be able to help, and I can put you in touch.
Ruaridh
ruaridhmacdonald619@gmail.com
RuaridhM
Club Secretary

Re: Opportunity to Combine Photography and Conservation

Postby SimonP » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi Ruaridh,

That sounds interesting, I did a visit to St Mary's Kempley last summer to get some images of the ancient features, such as the fine examples of stucco, and the atmosphere. Quite a challenge to get the exposure right and avoid modern impositions like lights! It would depend on timing though. Happy to explore it further.

Simon
SimonP
Chairman

Return to Events of interest