For Critique Night 11/7/2019

Post your images here for a (perhaps frank!) appraisal by other club members

For Critique Night 11/7/2019

Postby PeterJ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 pm

PJ 2.jpg
PJ 1.jpg
Please find attached my three photographs for critiquing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterJ

Re: For Critique Night 11/7/2019

Postby TonyMac » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi Peter could you upload these images in the competition entry system if your not sure how to do it then click on the camera top left of the page
if you look on the left hand side you will see competitions if you hover over this a drop down menu will appear click on Competition entry system
you will then see three choices, select submit competition entry's then click on select and you will see a list of competitions click on critique night
and then continue you will then see a box where you can enter the title and upload your images please make sure they are 1920 by 1200 pixels.
you have to upload them one at a time cheers Tony
TonyMac
Chairman

Postby PeterJ » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 am

Thankyou Tony.

I have tried to follow your instructions but cannot see the Critique Night in the drop down list. Perhaps someone has kindly uploaded these for me as it says this might happen if I have already reached the maximum number of entries...?
PeterJ

Postby TonyMac » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 am

Hi Peter the critique competition had closed that's why you could not upload your images. However I'm sure you will pick up valuable critique from here
I'm no wildlife photographer but in my opinion The first image maybe crop the top bird out as its half in the frame. I think if you could have included more of the right hand side (the birds on the rocks ) it would have given it better context
As it is its i would clone it out and just have the birds minus the top one.
The second image is a nice capture I feel its a bit tight in the frame and could do with a bit more space around it especially on the left hand side for the bird to fly into. The third image has a lot of space that does nothing especially to the left of the bird I would crop it out. I think apart from that you have done really well the actual birds are nice and sharp, The top image would be my favourite if you could have included more on the left, although the birds are flying away it would have appealed to me because it would have had more context of where they were cheers Tony
PJ%202.jpg

PJ%201-Edit.jpg

PJ%203.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TonyMac
Chairman

Postby PeterJ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Dear Tony, thankyou for taking the time to critique my photos, it's a shame that I was too late for the 'competition' and also that I wasn't feeling too clever last night so had to miss the evening event.

I'm feeling a bit better today so will try to find these photos again and see if I can do the cropping you suggest etc.

Once again thankyou for your input (and patience!)

Cheers

Peter
PeterJ

Return to Critique thread