Beginners & Improvers Competition

Ask your questions about forum operation or facilities.

Beginners & Improvers Competition

Postby PhilO » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:51 pm

I've uploaded 3 images for the competition but is there anyway that I can subsequently view / delete / replace them? Every time I now login via the Competition Image Uploader page it takes me straight to the Board Index? What am I doing wrong?
PhilO

Re: Beginners & Improvers Competition

Postby IanT » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 am

Most likely it's because you are not logged into the forum, Phil. The comp uploader uses the forum database of users. So, login to the forum, then move across to the uploader and you should then see the screen which hallows you to review past/present images, where you can then delete and re-submit any or all of them.
IanT
Chairman

Postby PhilO » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately, whilst I can now view the images I uploaded last night, the delete function doesn't appear to work (the page formatting also appears to have a problem). When selecting delete I am asked to confirm the operation and a message is then displayed indicating that the image has been deleted. However, when I view the images uploaded it is still there. Interestingly, I'm allowed to go through the process of uploading a new image and confirmation is given that it has been successful but only the original images are ever displayed. I've sent three replacement images by e-mail in the hope that you'll submit them on my behalf. Thank you in anticipation!
PhilO

Postby IanT » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:51 am

Hmmm...I'll look into it. I would say that there hasn't been a problem with deleting images up to now. However, as long as you have sent by email the images you wish to use, we can get around it.
IanT
Chairman

Postby PhilO » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:50 pm

OK, thanks Ian. It's probably something I'm doing wrong but I'll be intrigued to know the answer. Three images for the competition were sent to your e-mail account last night. Thanks again.
PhilO

Postby vickyW » Fri May 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi

I was asked yesterday to load some photos for the beginners and improvers completion. I have gone to the normal completion site but can't see this competition listed. Am I just too late or am I missing something?

Vicky
vickyW

Postby mattd » Fri May 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi Vicky,

It looks like the beginners cup entries closing date was the 2nd, sorry but it appears you've missed it.

For reference if you go to competition entries then 'view all my entries past and present' it lists all the competitions that have happened including the ones you haven't entered together with their closing dates so that's how I checked this
mattd

Postby IanT » Mon May 09, 2016 5:17 pm

As a rider to the above - only two members entered the competiton, which isn't much of a competition! SO,we have delayed it adn will betalking about it tonight at the B&I group meeting (9th. May)
IanT
Chairman

Return to How do I....?