pm through the forum

Ask your questions about forum operation or facilities.

pm through the forum

Postby mattd » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 am

Have tried sending a private message but all that arrives is a title but no message content. Assumed that was just me until another member has pm'd me and I have only received the title. I've tried this from several pc's so don't think it's machine/software problems. No problem receiving other club messages including automatic notifications for subscribed forums, just pm's seem to have a problem for me. Any ideas

Thanks
mattd

Re: pm through the forum

Postby IanT » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Hmmm... Not seen this one. Try sending one to me so that I can attempt to diagnose it.
IanT
Chairman

Postby mikerg » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:20 am

I have had this problem too!
Light, Camera, Action!
mikerg

Postby IanT » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 am

Just received a pm from mattd in full...no problem there. Answered it, so lets see what he gets.
IanT
Chairman

Postby mattd » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 am

Thanks Ian, Just in case I miss understood my problem I've also just sent you an Email through the forum. I thought it was a pm I received but maybe it was Email sorry! I ticked the the box to send me a copy but my copy doesn't have any content i.e. shows the problem, please let me know if your version has any writing in it

Sorry to keep taking up your time

Matt
mattd

Postby IanT » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:42 am

Hi Matt, time isn't a problem - don't apologise. I'm as keen as anyone else to eliminate faults in the system.

OK, now that you mention sending an email, there are known problems with phpBB getting a pm sent out as an email, possibly to do with authentication at your mail provider not liking the headers that are attached by the forum software and therefore duly dumping the content. I suggest that you send a pm as a pm (i.e. not expecting it to be sent as an external email), asking for the recipient's true email address and then use normal email. Way more efficient!
IanT
Chairman

Return to How do I....?